Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day Weekend


I think Bert had a pretty good Father's Day weekend.  We started off on Friday by grilling out then playing games.  Elizabeth really loves playing games, especially with her daddy.  She asked us on Friday, "Are we playing for fun or are we playing to win?"  This girl has great strategy and she beats us even when we're trying not to let her!
On Saturday morning, Bert and I ran our first race together.  The Braves 5K Father's Day race that ends on Turner Field.  It was a great race!  I met my goal (no walking) and shed a minute off of my last race time (32 minutes).  And I got to meet my man at the end on the Braves' diamond... great race!




Caroline wasn't even awake yet when we got home (our neighbor came to stay with them while we were gone).  We relaxed and did some crafts, then let the girls burn some energy at the Macy's fair.


Part of the race registration were tickets to Saturday night's game.  It was a great game that lasted 13 innings.  We were the goofballs that left in the 8th inning when we thought the game was over.  We listened to it all the way home and still watched the ending on TV.  I hate that the Braves still lost, but I would've hated if we left had they pulled out a win.


We went to church on Father's Day then spent the afternoon in Franklin, GA with Bert's dad.  It was a pretty relaxing day.
Happy Father's Day to my husband, my own daddy, and my father-in-law!  What a blessing to have each of them in our lives!!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment