Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pre-K Graduation

Today, Elizabeth graduated from Pre-K!  I'll be honest.  When I first heard that they would be doing the whole cap and gown and walking across the stage to get a "diploma," I thought it was a little over the top.  But when I saw her so proud to be wearing her cap and gown, it made my heart so happy.  
Sometimes I feel guilty for not being the kind of mom who gets emotional about milestones.  I hear so many moms cry at kindergarten registration.  I'm not going to lie... not only did I not shed a tear, I did a little jig!  
I think since Elizabeth is my oldest, the next step is so exciting.  I am someone who actually likes change.  I love new beginnings.  Elizabeth is like me in that way.  We are both so excited to start this next journey!

I also have to confess that I did tear up when I watched her listen so carefully to her teacher's speech about how we were looking at future doctors, engineers, teachers, etc.  But when I asked her afterwards which one of those she wanted to be, she firmly stated, "None!  I'm going to be a Rock Star Acrobat!"  I'm not sure what that is, but she was quite sure of herself.





Ms. Melan
Ms. Christine
Ms. Logan
Our proud (and silly) little family.
Ms. Debbi is both of our girls' all time favorite teacher.  She teaches the 2s class.  Caroline actually calls school "Ms. Debbi's house" and insists on stopping in her room every morning before going to her class.

Elizabeth requested Japanese hibatchi for her celebration dinner, so we tried out Asahi.  It was fantastic!



And even though I really didn't want to go over the top for a pre-K graduation, I gave Elizabeth this book as a gift.  We read it to her tonight, and afterwards I told her that the words spoken in this book are my prayer for her as she starts school.  I want her to always remember hat she is special because she is a child of God, made perfectly by Him.  Not because she's smart or pretty or athletic or even nice.  All the praises and/or criticisms that other people give to her mean nothing.  She is a child after God's heart.   I also pray I have the strength to model that to her because that is hard for even mamas and daddys to remember.

Elizabeth, I love you for who you are.  I don't love you for the As you may or may not earn or the awards you may or may not get.  I love you because you are a child of mine. More importantly, you are God's child.  You are a gift to your daddy and me, and we love you no matter what "stickers" or "dots" the world gives you.  We are so excited to start this journey with you!  Love, Mama and Daddy



No comments:

Post a Comment