Monday, September 16, 2013

Babyland General and Oktoberfest


On Saturday, we went to Cleveland with the Hills to visit Babyland General!  I'm pretty sure Melissa and I were the most excited about visiting the Cabbage Patch kid hospital.
It just so happened to be the 30th anniversary so they were having a huge birthday celebration!







some of the original cabbage patch kids
The girls could've played in the little rooms forever.  And lets face it, so could me and Mel!




I had forgotten how good the cabbage patch kids smelled.  A flood of childhood memories came rushing back when I breathed in that sweet baby powder smell.

I love this picture because Mel and I are so excited and the girls are quite freaked out by the adult sized cabbage patch kid.
They loved walking around checking out the babies and picking one to adopt.
The Delivery!  The actual birth story was a little disturbing, but the kids were hardly paying attention so we didn't have to do any explaining afterwards... Thank goodness!

The Adoption Ceremony.  Elizabeth had to raise her right hand and promise to be a good mommy.  

She named her baby Ella Mary and she got a birth certificate for her too.

Afterwards, we went to the birthday celebration.  It was a lot of fun complete with rides, games, and cupcakes.








Elizabeth was thrilled to have Kate there to do "big kid" stuff with.

We left Babyland General and went to Helen, GA for Oktoberfest.  There was great food, music and shopping.  It was a perfect end to a great day!








Caroline was so exhausted that she passed out on the way home and went straight to bed when we got home.  She didn't stir until 8:00 the next morning!
Our neighbors are hilarious!  They were teasing me about going to watch the birth of my first grandchild so they put this on my mailbox.  Bert was a little confused when we got home wondering if there was something I needed to tell him!  Ha!  The only other girl coming into the Kelly home is a cabbage patch kid!


No comments:

Post a Comment