Thursday, April 5, 2012

Out and About

We had to wake up and get going on Wednesday morning because our new cleaners were coming to do a deep clean at 8:00am.  It's hard to complain leaving so early for that reason.  Since nothing else was open yet, I took the girls to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast.  Can we say nutritional!


Then, we headed to Home Depot to get some new plants and hardware I needed to finish Caroline's window treatment.


Our favorite part of the morning, was going to the library for the first time.  As soon as Elizabeth walked into the kid section, she said, "Ooooh, Can I touch them?"  We were both so giddy! 



When we got home, Caroline went down for a nap and Elizabeth helped me plant a hosta in the flower bed.


Then, it was time for Elizabeth to take a nap and Caroline helped me in the kitchen.  By that, I mean, she played at her favorite toy on the frig and I prepared dinner.  Most days I can get them to nap at the same time.  Not today! 


After Elizabeth rested (she never fell asleep), we took a quick trip to Hobby Lobby and Target.  Then came home to play in the front yard with our neighborhood friends.




I have to say, me and the girls really enjoy being on the go.  It's nice to have errands to run, but no time schedule to stick to.  As long as I'm not in a hurry (which is rare), we have a blast being out and about.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the library! She needs a backpack to fill it up with books every week! I think one of the girls' fav things to do each week was go to the library, fill their backpacks with books, then go to the park to feed the ducks! I hope Elizabeth and Caroline enjoying reading as much as they do (and you do!)

    ReplyDelete