Monday, April 2, 2012

"Normal" Easter Plans

This year I'm hoping for "normal" Easter plans.  Easter has always been my favorite holiday.  Maybe because I was born on Easter, but probably because it's such an important day for those who celebrate the risen Christ.   Plus, I love sunrise service!  Not that I've been to one in the last two years, which is why I'm hoping for "normal" plans this Easter.  

a couple days after Easter 2011

Last year, we spent Easter in the hospital welcoming Caroline 3 weeks early.  I sorta wish she'd held on one more day so we both would have Easter birthdays.  But it was still my favorite Easter ever!  The picture above is Elizabeth opening up her Easter basket when we got home from the hospital.  I still made her put on her Easter dress and pretend it was Easter morning.  Good thing she didn't really understand what was going on and that she can still wear the dress this year!

week before Easter 2012

The year before last, we left on Easter Sunday for our Spring Break cruise.  We had a blast, but I missed our family lunch and celebration.  Hopefuly, this year will be normal... church and lunch with our family.


Caroline wore one of Elizabeth's old Easter dresses to church yesterday.  They look so much alike to me in these profile pictures. 

Easter egg hunt 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment