Saturday, February 25, 2017

Maggie Valley

This is the second year that we headed to North Carolina for winter break.  
On our first day we went to downtown Hendersonville, NC for lunch. 
Elizabeth had my phone during lunch and I found these keepers saved on snap chat afterwards. 


I love that she called her sister "cutie pie"
I love it even more that she said I was the best!  I don't even remember her taking this picture.

Then we went to Moonshine Mountain for snow tubing.  Although we called it "mulch tubing."




.
These little girls had no interest in going down the mountain on a tube, but they found fun playing.


The next day we went skiing.  It was so warm and the mountain was mostly fake snow, but we still had a blast.  Caroline dominated the bunny slopes, and Elizabeth went down every. single. slope.  Even the ones that scared me a little!  That little girl is the bravest kid I know.





Caroline felt so independent and begged me to let her to the adventure program next year.   It's basically ski school with lots of extra fun, games, and food!

This was taken right before Elizabeth went down a blue slope for the first time.  She was brave.  I was terrified. She fell about a dozen times on her first run, but got up every time by herself and kept going.  She went down about 5 more times getting better and better each time.  
This was my view that night sitting on our back porch as the sun went down.  Perfect end to a fantastic weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment