Friday, February 24, 2017

Elizabeth turns 8!

I can't believe my Elizabeth Joy is 8 years old!

This little girl made me a mama, and she continues to fill my heart with so much love.

Elizabeth had her first unofficial surprise party!  A couple of days before her birthday she asked to go to Laredos for dinner.  She wanted to wear the sombrero and be sung to in Spanish.  I texted a few friends to see if they could join us last minute... they all said yes!  I didn't tell Elizabeth, but when we got to dinner so many of her friends were there to celebrate with her.  It was the perfect surprise!

I found all of these selfies she had taken on my phone when we got home. 

For her actual party, Elizabeth invited 4 girls from her class to go to the American Girl Bistro.  Her birthday outfit with matching doll clothes did not arrive in time (even though i ordered it 3 weeks in advance).  But since it was going to be a surprise for EJ, she didn't even know to be disappointed.  This is still her favorite matching outfit anyway! 



Waiting for all the girls to arrive and playing inside the AG store.


I sat across from my big girl and her doll at lunch.

Lovely little ladies having lunch.  The lunch was so yummy and they had a little question box to pass around to promote conversation.  We will definitely be going back!

Caroline's little pinky cracked me up.

This picture isn't great, but that birthday girl sure is!






I am definitely a fan of smaller birthdays that are more personal.  The girls that celebrated with her this year are Caroline, Sophia, Bailee, Miller, and Mckinley.

After lunch I took the girls to ride the carousel and then meet their parents for pick up.  


And as soon as we arrived home, what do you think was in our mailbox?  Yep... her birthday outfit!  




















No comments:

Post a Comment