Sunday, July 6, 2014

Celebrating the Fourth


Elizabeth and I ran some errands together on July 3rd to get ready for our celebrations.  Little Miss Sassy wanted a picture of herself wearing my sunglasses.  I had no idea that my naked little baby girl was photo-bombing us!
Caroline finally got ready when it was time to walk down the street to cookout with all of our neighbors.

Our subdivision is the one everyone comes to to watch the fireworks on the 3rd.  It's so very convenient and fun!!
Elizabeth was running around like she owned the place.  This girl is so social and is such a little ring leader.

Bert and I ran the Peachtree Road Race on the 4th.  It was his 3rd time and my 1st time.  It's the largest 10K in the world with over 60,000 runners!  Elizabeth asked me if I won.  She wasn't very impressed when I told her I placed 24,000th!  But I was happy to be almost be in the top third.  Dodging the walkers was the hardest part, but the energy was incredible.  I felt like I was in a parade.  I finished in one hour and 8 minutes, and I ran "cardiac hill" with no problem.

Elizabeth and Caroline, when you think I'm bragging when you read this one day... I am!  I never thought I'd be running races and actually enjoying it.  And I don't want to forget all the details:))
Me and Julie before we started




Right after we finished.  Still smiling!!!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment