Sunday, October 12, 2014

7

Our Sunday School class is  reading Jen Hatmaker's book Seven.  So far I LOVE it.  It's an easy, fun read. Tomorrow, Bert and I start the challenge so I'm not sure how much longer I will actually love it. But for now, I'm sipping my wine, reading this book, and excited to start this journey.
an experimental mutiny again excess
In the book, she encourages us to approach this in the spirit of a fast.  Since fasting is not one of my strong suits I've really had to prepare myself mentally for this.  I keep reminding myself of what Jen wrote, "A fast is not necessarily something we offer God, but it assists us in offering ourselves."  So over the next 7 weeks Bert and I are going to rid some of the excess in our lives.  I have no doubt it will be more challenging for me than for him, so I'm hoping he will help keep me on track!  

Starting tomorrow Bert and I will only eat these 7 foods:
chicken
broccoli
carrots
apples
cheerios
coffee (I just can't live without it)-- Bert chose tea instead of coffee
creamer (can't drink coffee without it)- he chose sugar instead of creamer

Every time I want to quit this (which has actually happened before I even started) I will say this prayer out loud, "Jesus, may there be less of me and my junk and more of You and Your kingdom."

No comments:

Post a Comment