Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Thanks

I love that so many of my facebook friends are posting something they are thankful for each day in November.  I'm going to try to do that here.  I'm 7 days behind, but I believe I can catch up by sharing 7 things I'm thankful for in just the past 24 hours.

1. I'm thankful for a video monitor that showed us last night that our little girl was in distress.  We heard Caroline bark coughing and she appeared to be scream crying, but no noice was coming out of her mouth.  Basically, she could barely breath. 
2. I am thankful that Bert was home from class when all of this took place.  Not only did he help keep me calm, but I was able to take Caroline to the ER while Elizabeth stayed sleeping.
3. I'm thankful there was absolutely no waiting in the pediatric emergency care at Kennestone.  Seriously, when does that happen?  Thank you, Jesus!
4. I'm thankful for strong steroids and epinephrine that allowed my baby to start breathing normally again very quickly. 

5. I'm thankful for a fun field trip today in the cold weather that helped keep me awake after a whopping 2.5 hours of sleep last night.  And this beatiful scenery that accompined it.
6. I'm thankful to be home right now, in my pjs, and sitting by the fire.
7. And finally, I'm thankful for some movement on the job front for Bert.  The last two weeks have been very hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment