Thursday, August 23, 2012

16 Months

Caroline, Today you are 16 months old.  You are still the sweetest little girl in the entire world!  You've always been the more cautious of my girls, but you have recently discovered your brave spirit.  Your curiosity has made you a little bolder, and you're becoming quite the little explorer.


You are wearing size 24 month clothes and your foot measured a size 6 last week.  You just might catch up to your sister after all!


You are still a girl of few words, but you are signing a little more.  And somehow you still find ways to communicate what it is that you want. 


Whenever we ask you a question, no matter what it is, you start shaking your head "no" with the cutest little grin on your face.  


You basically do whatever your sister does.  Whatever she's eating, you want it too.  If she's doing front rolls in the living room, you try your best to do the same.  Without a doubt, watching you two play together each night is my favorite thing in the world!


You are really good at covering your mouth whenever you cough.  So good, in fact, that you often fake cough just to cover your mouth and get our attention.


Elizabeth has taught you how to play hide and seek.  She tells you to count, which you obviously can't do.  But you also know not to follow her at that point either.  When she yells, "ready" and I ask, "Where's Elizabeth?" you immediately take off looking for her.  When you find her, you squeal so loud that it makes us all laugh.  


Sweet girl, you are nothing but sweet joy in my life.  My heart could not be more full!  

I always want to remember these precious curls.  I know the poor child needs a haircut, but I just can't bring myself to do it!

4, 8, 12, and 16 months
Caroline and Elizabeth at 16 months. 

Here's Elizabeth wearing the same outfit at the same age.  My girls still favor each other, but I think it's less and less each month.  I love watching them grow into the little wonderful people that they are!



1 comment: